These last two weeks have seriously passed like a blur. There was so much hustle and bustle preparing for the holidays, that 2018 kinda snuck up on us pretty fast. In 2017, we were able to visit 17 different places within the four states, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut and completed trails ranging from simple walks to medium hikes. We are slowly working up to the more difficult terrains and longer trails over 6 miles long. We figured having a greater knowledge of hiking in general would in the long run keep us safe on all our future endeavors.
So, Anna and I have penciled down a list of things we’d like to do during the year. “Penciled in” meaning if we can’t get to it or want to revise we have the opportunity to create memories without forcing ourselves to abide by a set plan. It also leaves us the possibility of always scratching it off and filling in something new. So what is it roughly, that we want to accomplish?
Our 2018 Travel Goals:
- Visit the remaining states in the NorthEast. (Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island) 🗺
- Bring friends and family along to experience the adventure👨👩👧👦
- Complete a Sunrise Hike🌞
- Travel to Canada possibly stopping by Niagara Falls✈️
- Take a Compass and Hiking Class
- Visit Iceland🛬
- Take an impromptu train ride to a new destination 🚞
- White water rafting (hmmmm…Anna insisted we add this one. 😅😟😳)
- Go Mountain Biking 🚵🏼♀️
- Go snowshoeing and iceskating ⛸
Hello 2018! I can’t wait to see what you have in store for 🐼The Traveling Trash Pandas 🐼! So fellow travel enthusiasts if you are interested to see what 2018 has in store for us follow along on the blog to see where we go and maybe become inspired to get outdoors.
Comment with some suggested things we should try to accomplish or places you think we should travel to next!
Happy New Year Everyone!
❤️The Traveling Trash Pandas